BreadcrumbsHome / About Us / Our Mission
ASISA will work towards promoting a culture of savings and investment in South Africa by playing a significant role in the development of the social, economic and regulatory framework in which our members operate, thereby assisting members to serve their customers better.
As part of its mission ASISA aims to:
- Actively promote a transformed, vibrant, and globally competitive financial sector that reflects the South African demographics.
- Develop and actively participate in education, transformation and social development projects.
- Continue to build a strong national economy by encouraging and incentivising South Africans to save.
- Promote transparency and disclosure.
- Create an environment enabling of more holistic regualtion.
- To always have a consumer focus.
- Endeavour to ensure ethical and equitable behaviour by members by applying a code of ethics and standards.
- Help create a simple and efficient regulatory framework that promotes savings and investment.
- Engage with Government to ensure the creation of level playing fields for all members while at the same time promoting healthy competition.
- Collectively engage with Government on policy issues and actively partner with Government on the SA Inc strategy aimed at promoting South Africa as the economic gateway to Africa.