BreadcrumbsHome / Members / Codes
CODES OF PRACTICE
Codes, Standards and Guidelines
- The intention in future is to have a Code of Ethics and Conduct for all members and specific Standards which will be compulsory for members. By adhering to these Standards, members will undertake to develop processes and products that provide clients with a quality assurance that goes beyond the legislative and regulatory framework. Compliance with ASISA Guidelines will be voluntary but strongly encouraged; they will provide a guide to what is considered to be industry best practice in certain areas. This intended outcome has not been finalized and as a result there is only one compulsory Standard at present, the Standard on Disclosures for Critical Illness Products. All other Standards, as they go through the process below, will be voluntary for ASISA members until further notice.
- All the Codes, Standards and Guidelines of the former associations are being reviewed, combined or removed. Working groups under the relevant board committees have been set up to do this work.
- Following this, those that will be retained are to be checked by ASISA, with assistance from ENS, for compliance with The Competition Act.
ASISA will also engage with the FSB to get input and support. Thereafter the Standards will need to be approved by the relevant Board Committee as well as the ASISA Board. The FSB is in engagement with the Competition Commission about the status of industry Codes.
Collective Investment Scheme Industry
- Code of Practice for Advertising of Collective Investment Schemes in Securities, 16 September 2008
- CoP ACI Procedures and Penalties for Breaches of the Codes of Conduct, Practice and Standards, January 2008
- CoP Investor Communication - CISCA Portfolio Report for quarter end (Excel spreadsheet)
- Investor Communication
- Standards and Guidelines
- Corporate Governance
- Disciplinary Provisions
- Code on Demarcation: Health Insurance & Medical Schemes
- Code of Good Practice for Disability Insurance - this Code has been stood down
- Code on Public Relations, Advertising and Promotion
- Code on Policy Quotations (18 November 2008)
- Code on Intermediary Register - this Code has been stood down effective 29 June 2012
- Code on Assistance Business
- Code on Unclaimed Benefits
- Code on Benefit Expectation Management
Linked Investment Service Providers